JMS specialise in flagpole installations, of all shapes and sizes. We install flagpoles from 1.5m up to 20m in height and can install one or multiple flagpoles at almost any location.
JMS works with a range of materials, largely, Aluminium and Glassfibre. We also have the capability to match any RAL colour you require. JMS installs flagpoles on the ground, on the side of your building or on the top of your building and can manufacture brackets/fixings to suit all the common angles of display and fixing situations.
We strongly believe if you get the installation right your flagpole should be in trouble-free use for many years. We would still advise the occasional health check but modern flagpole materials are designed to last,
Installation of flagpoles is generally a two-part process. Part one – a site survey and part two – the installation of your new flagpole. The work is generally completed in two parts as every location has its own unique requirements.
Part One – Site Survey
We use the site survey to assess where and how the flagpole may be best mounted and the most suitable pole for your requirements. On-site checks generally, include:
- Site access checks
- Cat scanning for buried utilities
- Overhead obstruction checks
- Foundation type assessment
- Bracket position and wall suitability check for wall mounted poles
Our fully trained team (IOSH, CSCS & IPAF qualified) would also happy to provide some of the following reports following the survey for your piece of mind.
- Risk assessment
- Method statement
- Requirements for earth moving equipment
- Volumes for concrete foundations
Part Two – Installation
- Let us do the hard work, we will have all the information needed following the site survey
- Our team will either bring the pole to site using our specially equipped vehicles or meet the specialist haulier for the delivery
- Bases or brackets are prepared
- The pole is connected to the base and then raised into position.
- Roof and wall mounted poles are lifted by hand or craned into position
- Halyards and cleats are checked and flags attached and flown
- Once installed, the flagpole will have a sticker featuring our contact details and a brief guide to how to fly a flag. This sticker is designed to remind you when your flag is due for a service or simply of its installation date for future reference.