JMS specialise in flagpole installations, of all shapes and sizes. We install flagpoles from 1.5m up to 20m in height and can install one or as many flagpoles as required at almost any location.
JMS works with a range of materials, largely Aluminium and Glass-fibre and have the capability to match any RAL colour you require. JMS installs flagpoles on the ground, on the side of your building or on the top of your building and can manufacture brackets and fixings to suit all angles of display and fixing situations.
We strongly believe that if you get the installation right, your flagpole should be in trouble-free use for many years. We would still advise the occasional health check but modern flagpole materials are designed to last.
Installation of flagpoles is generally a two-part process. Part one – a site survey. Part two – the installation of your new flagpole. The work is generally completed in two parts as every location has its own unique requirements.
Part One – Site Survey
We use the site survey to assess where and how the flagpole may be best mounted and the most suitable pole for your requirements. On-site checks generally, include:
- Site access checks
- Cat scanning for buried utilities
- Overhead obstruction checks
- Foundation type assessment
- Bracket position and wall suitability check for wall-mounted poles
Our fully trained team (IOSH, CSCS & IPAF qualified) would also be happy to provide some of the following reports following the survey, for your piece of mind.
- Risk assessment
- Method statement
- Requirements for earth moving equipment
- Volumes for concrete foundations
Part Two – Installation
- Let us do the hard work. We will have all the information we need following the site survey
- Our team will either bring the pole to site using our specially equipped vehicles or meet the specialist haulier for the delivery
- Bases or brackets are prepared and positioned
- The pole is connected to the base and then raised into position
- Roof and wall-mounted poles are lifted by hand or lifted into position by crane
- Halyards and cleats are checked and flags attached and hoisted
- Once installed, the flagpole will have a sticker attached, featuring our contact details and a simple guide on how to fly a flag. This will also remind you when your flag is due for a service or simply of its installation date for future reference.